Dyson is a highly demanding air purifier that comes up with outstanding performance. It works on the sensors which check and monitor the air quality. So, due to the malfunctioning of this sensor, the user may sometimes face problems with the device. One of the common issues that may arise due to improper functioning of the sensors is that ‘Dyson Air Purifier Keeps Turning Off. So, you need to rush to the solution to the problem to make the device function properly. Here we will discuss various steps to resolve the problem and work with the machine precisely.
Why does My Dyson Air Purifier Keeps Turning Off?
Apart from malfunctioning the sensors, you may also face the problem due to certain other issues. So, the user has to first configure the exact cause of the problem to get the desired solution. So, here are the reasons for turning off the air purifier again and again:
- Problem with the oscillating fan
- Worn out motor
- Dirty Filter
- Loose screw or other parts of the fan
- Fluctuating current
- Overworking the fan
- The sensor not working properly
Troubleshoot and Resolve – Dyson Air Purifier Keeps Turning Off
The user can work on the problem of the purifier to get the solution and resolve the issue occurring. Here are certain steps that you can perform to make the air purifier function properly without turning it off again and again:
Cleaning the Sensors of the Air Purifier
Firstly, you can try to resolve the problem by cleaning the sensors thoroughly. You need to first turn off the device and unplug it from the main power source. After that, use the dusting brush of the vacuum cleaner to clean the ports and filter the sensors. Now, plug in the device and turn it ON. Finally, check for the solution to the problem.
Reset the Dyson Air Purifier
Secondly, you can try to resolve the issue by resetting the purifier. There are various steps evolved to reset the purifier, such as:
- Firstly, search for the power button of your Dyson machine and remote.
- Now, press both the power buttons simultaneously and hold them for a few seconds.
- Check for the LED screen of the purifier to start the count down from 10 to 0.
- Finally, it will reset the purifier and you can then turn it ON and plug it into the main power source.
- After that, check for the solution to the problem, Dyson Air Purifier Keeps Turning Off.
Cleaning the Filter of the Air Purifier
Another way to resolve the problem is by cleaning the filter thoroughly. Here are the steps to perform for cleaning the filter:
- Firstly, turn the air purifier OFF.
- Disconnect it from the main power source.
- Check for the filter at the base of the machine, and remove it properly.
- In case your Dyson machine has a waterproof filter, then you can clean it by washing it with cold water.
- After washing, dry the filter by leaving it out for at least 24 hours.
- Finally, place the filter back to its desired position and close the base.
- Switch ON the air purifier and check for the solution if Dyson Air Purifier Keeps Turning Off.
Tighten Up the Screws of the Fan
Also, you may face the turning off of the air purifier if the screws of the fan are loose. So, to resolve the problem, you have to first turn off the machine and unplug it from the main power source. Now, locate the screws of the fan and tighten it up using the tool. After that, check for the solution to the problem. Also, check for the other parts of the fan to be functioning properly. You can take the help of an expert technician for this task.
Turn OFF the Air Purifier For some time
Also, you may face Dyson Air Purifier Keeps Turning Off issue in case the device is overheated. When the Air purifier is working for so many hours, then it may get overheated due to which the user may face an issue. So, to resolve the issue, turn the air purifier OFF and unplug it from the main power source. Now, wait for a few hours to make the device machine cool down. After that, again switch it ON and check for the solution to the problem.
Also check: Dyson air quality not improving fix
Dyson Air Purifier Keeps Turning Off – Contact Dyson Customer Service
In case, you may not be able to resolve the problem, then you can directly contact the Dyson Customer Service executive. The expert technician will help you get the perfect solution in the minimum possible time. To contact the expert, you can
- Call on Dyson Customer Service Phone Number at 844 705 4777. The helpline number is open to all 24 hours a day, seven days a week. But, in certain regions, there are some restricted official working hours for the helpline number.
- Chat with the live expert on the official website. The expert is present for your help all the time. You can initiate the chat by connecting your system to the high-speed internet connection and following up with the online website for Dyson. The expert agent will help you resolve Dyson Air Purifier Keeps Turning Off.
- Lastly, you can also send an email to the support team and wait for a response. The team will check your mail in a few hours or a day and respond to you for the further process to follow. The official email address is [email protected]. Drop your email by writing the problem you are facing and how the assistant can contact you for the solution.
So, there can be plenty of reasons for the Dyson air purifier keeps shutting off again and again. You have to make sure that you reach the solution and then use the device for further purification to avoid more failures and issues correspondingly.