Delta is presently the world’s second-largest airline and it may be your preferred carrier if you live in city hubs like New York, Atlanta, and Seattle. It is because the route network of Delta is widespread within the United States. Delta SkyMiles are easier to obtain as there are a plethora of possibilities for redeeming your miles along with its partner alliance, although not all of them provide the best value. The best aspect about Delta Miles is they never finish so even if you can’t use them right away, you can plan your journey.
HOW TO USE DELTA MILES?
Delta Air Lines offers you to redeem miles known as Pay with Miles. This program is only available to credit cardholders of American Express Delta airlines, and it facilitates to use of your miles for paid tickets at a predetermined rate without worrying about award charts, blackout periods, or availability. Delta SkyMiles cardholders provide you with a service to pay with points that allow them to use their miles to pay for their flight. Miles is worth one cent each toward paid airfare and can be redeemed in 5,000-mile increments.
Some points to consider to redeem Delta Miles for booking your travel:
- Flying using co-branded credit cards or transferring Amex points are all good ways to earn Delta Miles.
- Delta Miles can be redeemed for its flights or partners such as AIR France and KLM. The best bargains are frequently offered by award sales and this way miles will never finish.
- One can use up to 999,999 miles on flight and hotel packages to any of the Delta vacation destinations once booking online.
To redeem SkyMiles, go to Delta’s regular website and search for flights as usual. Pay With Miles is available on Delta and Delta Connection flights alone, not with Partner Flights.
Also check: United airlines book flights with miles
How do you use your Delta Miles for Flights?
The best ways to earn Delta Miles is to fly using co-branded credit cards or transferring Amex points are all good ways to earn. You can redeem for their flights or partners like AIR France and KLM. The best bargains are frequently offered by award sales and this way miles will never finish. Follow these steps to use your miles for booking a trip:
- Go to delta.com and log in.
- Look for Flights.
- Choose a flight ‘where you can pay with miles ‘.
- View the pay with miles option on a trip summary page.
- You can either pay with miles, cash, or both.
- Use your SkyMiles Delta Amex card to pay for the remaining portion of your ticket.
- Make your reservations.
How to Redeem Delta Miles on Partner flights?
Delta has partners like sky Team Alliance and non-alliance like West Jet and Virgin Atlantic. This means that you can use your SkyMiles on different flights and routes around the world. The sky team partners include Air France, Air Europe, Czech Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Saudia and Vietnam Airlines, etc., and non-alliance partners like Shangai Airlines, Virgin Australia, West jet, and Virgin Atlantic. Partner award tickets are cheaper than Delta Tickets, however, they have a cost despite the lack of online award charts.
Use your miles to travel to more than a thousand destinations around the world with Delta and its alliance partners. You can book with award travel for yourself or someone even if you’re not traveling with them. Also, on Delta airlines, there are no blackout dates.
- Move to book sessions at Delta.com or on Fly Delta App.
- On Delta.com, check the box with Shop with miles and on the app, check the box next to ‘Show price in miles.
- Select ‘Find Flights’ after entering your flight selections.
- The configurable calendar shows the lowest price options for the dates you select.
- Select your flights, Pay for them and you’re good to go.
Also check: How many miles for free delta flight
How to Book Hotels with Delta Miles?
1) If you want to personalize your holiday package, Go to Delta Vacations.
2) Please enter your SkyMiles account number.
3) Choose miles as your payment method during the ‘review and purchase phase’
4) Be careful that you can redeem SkyMiles from just one account.
5) Enter the number of miles you want to redeem. In the payment overview, your mileage discount will show.
6) From the drop-down menu choose “complete your purchase”
Also check: How to lookup delta frequent flyer number
Terms and Conditions that you have to follow to use Delta miles:
- You can buy Delta vacation flight and hotel packages to any delta vacation origin in Canada or United States or Canada.
- A 2-night hotel stay is required as well as a minimum flight.
- Gift cards, ski packages, dive packages, the Globus family of brands, including Monograms, cosmos and Avalon ,other discounts, or special status fares (such as companion, agency/industry discount, web fares, senior fares, child rates) for groups of 10 or more are not eligible for miles.
- When you book online, you can earn up to 999,999 miles on flight and hotel packages to any Delta Vacations destination.
- Contact Customer Engagement Center if you need to use more than 999,999 miles.
- This offer is not retroactive and it doesn’t include already booked reservations.
- Per reservation, only one SkyMiles account number is allowed.
- Purchases must be made through Delta Vacations.
- subject to change are availability and Program. Reservations for Delta Vacations flights subject to apply till 311 days before departure.
- ) All airplane tickets must be issued by Delta Vacations.
- ) Other rules adhere in addition to the standard Terms & Conditions.
- ) Delta Vacations has the last say on how these regulations are applied, and changes in rules and regulations can be made at any time.
- ) Miles will not be redeposited into your SkyMiles account, if you cancel your reservation.
- ) The holder of a SkyMiles account will get a Delta Vacations certificate for the value of the miles redeemed, minus any cancellation penalties.
If you need more help talk to live rep at delta airlines.