Venmo is a mobile payment application that allows you to make payments and transfer money to and from your bank accounts. You can add funds to your Venmo account directly from your bank account. You can add your credit or debit card and change it anytime when you wish to. But there are times when users may face an issue. You may face an issue as ‘help.venmo.com card already on file. Here, we will discuss how to resolve the problem and get the desired solution.
Troubleshooting and Resolving ‘help.venmo.com card already on file’
The main reason for this error can be that you have already linked your card to another Venmo account. For one card, you can link to only one Venmo account. Follow the steps below to resolve this problem.
- Firstly, remove your card from the old Venmo account. For this, you need to sign in to your account and from there delete the details of your card, and confirm the deletion.
- After that, you need to delete the old Venmo account if the above step does not resolve your problem. After deleting the Venmo account, make a new account and then add your card to that account. It will surely help you to sort the problem successfully.
- Lastly, if still, you are facing any issue, then you can contact Venmo customer service executives and take their help to resolve the problem.
How Do I Remove My Old Card From Venmo?
To unlink your old card from the Venmo and resolve the problem help.venmo.com card already on file, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open the mobile application on your phone.
- Sign In to your account using your credentials.
- Now, go to the menu button.
- After that, go to settings and then the payment method.
- Now, click on the remove button. You can find this button just below your account name.
- After that, you will get a confirmation message.
- Click on the ‘Remove Bank’ button.
- Lastly, check for the solution to the problem.
There is also another method to perform this operation and resolve the problem you are facing. If you are not using the Venmo application on your phone, then you can resolve the help.venmo.com card already on file using the web interface. Let us follow the steps below to fix the issue:
- Firstly, switch on your device and connect it with a high-speed internet connection.
- After that, go to your web browser and open the link venom.com/account/sign-in.
- Add your email address and password to sign in to your account.
- You can also sign in using a code and wait for the message to receive on your phone.
- Enter the code, and click on the submit button.
- After that, go to the top corner of the page, and then click on Settings.
- Go to ‘Payment Methods’. You can find it out in the left column.
- Click on ‘Edit Payment Methods’.
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen.
- After that, click on the ban account that you wish to remove.
- Click on the ‘Remove’ button.
- Check for the confirmation message.
So, you can adopt either of the procedure to handle the ‘help.venmo.com card already on file’ issue. If you are using the Venmo application, then you can remove the account on it. Else, you can follow up with the online procedure.
Related: How to unfreeze venmo account
How Do I Create a New Venmo Account with the same number?
We all know that Venmo does not allow us to work on two accounts at the same time. So, if you wish to use a different account, then you may face an error as the help.venmo.com card is already on file. Due to this, you can not link a new card or account. So, here is the procedure to create a new Venmo account with the same number.
For this, you need to have two separate email addresses. If you do not have a separate email address, then it will be difficult for you to follow up with some other additional steps. It is possible to register two email addresses on the same number. Moreover, you can access the Venmo account with a different email and resolve the help.venmo.com card already on file problem.
For your bank accounts, it is very beneficial for the user to work on Venmo with two bank accounts. You can use the app to directly transfer money from one account to another.
Related: Venmo instant transfer not working
Can I delete My Venmo Account and Make a New One?
If you are encountering an issue as the help.venmo.com card is already on file, then you can delete your previous account and then add a new one. You have to create a new account if you delete it once. Also, you need to add the bank and account details. Follow the steps below to delete the bank account.
- Firstly, remove the details of your bank before deleting the account.
- After that, sign in to the Venmo app, and click on the menu bar option.
- After that, go to settings.
- Then go to the Payment Method.
- Click on the bank account that you wish to delete.
- Finally, click on the ‘remove bank’ button.
So, you have successfully deleted your bank account. Now you can add another account and your card details. Check for the solution of the problem help.venmo.com card already on file.
If you need more help then contact venmo customer service team.