Need help with canceling your Fios account? Follow through to get all the information you need. Dealing with Fios is quite easy. You can get all you want with just a call. Verizon Fios deals with internet providing, telephone, television, and also, mobile phones. Connect and get all the help you want. Further, customers usually ask How to cancel Verizon Fios? The answer is simple. Either call customer care or directly get help online.
Further, you may discontinue any time you want. You have the freedom to decide what and when you want to avail of the services. Also, the steps to follow are straightforward. Therefore, without any issues, you will be able to cancel Fios services.
Steps for cancellation of Verizon Fios account
Step 1: Call the Retention Department
- Whenever you call, you will connect with a robot, ChatBot. You will not be able to connect directly. It will be an automated voice process.
- Further, you will have to provide some information for verification. Provide your account details and billing information. It can time taking. Kindly hold on call for a response.
- After completing the process, you will connect with the customer support team. They will then direct your call to the retention department. The Department is persuasive. Hence, you will have to be constant with your request.
Step 2: Provide the reason for the cancellation
- You will have to provide a solid reason for cancellation. As it is, that the Retention department is an expert at persuasive. Yet, your excuse will be an essential part of the conversation.
- Make sure to provide a strong explanation. Or else, the retention department will provide various offers and package deals. They may also offer heavy discounts. But, you will have to be determined. Only with strong determination, you will be able to convince the agents attending to your request.
Step 3: Firmly demand the cancellation
- Moreover, there is always a slight chance for convincing. Sometimes, the agents turn customers from cancellation to even longer plans. If you affirm your cancellation, do not bargain.
- Just ensure that you do not accept and plea. Just stay firm and ask for the processing.
- Finally, the agent will proceed with the process. Only after the agent’s approval, the request will process.
Step 4: Final Confirmation
- The final confirmation is very important. After the confirmation from the agent’s end, you will have to go through another process.
- Further, collect information on any dues to clear. Also, ask about any information useful.
- Make sure to declare all rented pieces of equipment. It will help in clearing refunds. If any process does not complete, it makes takes longer.
Also check: Cricket hotspot not working fixed
How long does it take to cancel Verizon Fios?
Verizon Fios maintains a 30-day policy. Meaning it will be a monthly payment method. Therefore, you will have a span of one month to make cancellations. Hence, during the month if you want to cancel your account, you may do so. Also, the leftover monthly amount will be refunded. Also, since, you have paid for the month, you can easily use the services for a month.
Further, if you have to cancel the services within the first 14 days from signing up you will have to go through the terms and conditions.
Are there any cancellation fees applicable for Verizon Fios?
If you have a contract membership, you will have to incur an early termination fee. Also, these charges differ according to the plan and contract. On average, you can expect from $15 per month to $350.
However, if you are under no contract membership there are $0 charges. Hence, if you do not want to continue for long, it is best to purchase no-contract services.
How do I return FIOS equipment?
Fios allows ample time for its members to return equipment. But you will have to return any rented equipment. If you are renting routers or other pieces of equipment you will have to return them.
Further, Verizon Fios allows 30 days to make the return. And if you fail to do so, you will have to pay additional charges.
In addition, note that in failure to make the return, you will have to bear charges for each piece of equipment. It will be another extra expanse. So, try to complete the return in time.
Moreover, you can also contact me for a pick-up. Or you may also try to drop by the retail store. Contact by email for receipt of equipment. Also, send in a declaration that you are no longer in possession of any equipment. After clearing all dues, you will receive any pending payments.
Also check: Xfinity wifi connected but no internet access
Can I get my money back from Verizon?
Even though you have paid in advance, you can be sure to get a refund. If there are no additional charges, the remaining amount will be refunded. Further, it may take some time to complete the process. Yet. Without any doubt, you can be sure to get what you want.
Does Verizon have contracts now?
Recently, Verizon has abolished contracts. Earlier, Verizon had two years contracts. Which leads to numerous problems. In case, any customer decides to cancel services, then there has to be another process for cancellation and refund. But after the removal of the contracts, it is easier now. Therefore, now, if you wish to cancel your Verizon Fios, you may do so easily. Simply make a call to the customer support team for cancellation.
Also check: How to cancel direct service
Can you restart Verizon Fios after canceling?
Yes, you can easily restart your services with Verizon Fios. Even after canceling you still have the option to restart services. You can connect with your previous device. All you have to do is make a call with customer service. Within 1-2 hours your service will restore.
Nevertheless, you may have to provide some information about your account.
Further, for mobile phones, you will have to send in a request. It will take approximately, 2-4 business days to resume services. The process is time-consuming. You will have to send in an email for the services to restart.
|Verizon Fios Cancellation Support Number
|Mon-Fri, 8:00 am-6:00 pm ET
|Verizon Fios Customer Service Number
|For Chat Process
For more help and information talk to live rep at verizon fios customer service.